5000 pennys for my thoughts? Anyone...?Think its about time I took Open Diary's 5000 question survey. Part 1
1 . Who are you?
I am Celainn, mudder extraordinary and weirdo even more extraordinary.
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
I'm happy, in general.
I'd like everyone else to be happy, in general
If you don't even try to be happy, yer bound to piss me off
3. When you aren't filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing?
Mudding, playing with my animals (dog, cat), reading, writing, websurfing, breathing the fine, fresh air.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least.
sociology, creative writing, history, science, math, gym. :>
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
To learn C. That was a New Years resolution. When I found out I needed a compiler, it became a junked resolution :>
6. Where will you be in 5 years?
42. Perhaps deep in the thrall of love, perhaps not. Perhaps in a new home, perhaps not. A bit further done the road of honesty and self-discovery, I can only hope.
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Who says I want to?
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
Child-like. I'm not childish, I'm not petulant, selfish or concerned more with my needs then others. I may be a bit spoiled, but what are you gonna do about it?
9. What was the last thing you said out loud?
"You wanna go out?" - Said to my dog. :>
10. What song sums up your life right now?
"What's So Funny Bout Peace, Love and Understanding?" - Elvis Costello
11. Have you ever taken a martial arts class?
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
It gets better every day I'm alive. As long as I always realize that I am alive.
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
Yes. Time does wonders for your point of view!
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
Go outside and romp in it!
15. Which is worse...Losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
Oh luggage, most certainly. I put important, loved things into my luggage. Books, for example.
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
Both are deceased. I love them and miss them every day.
17. Will you miss them when they are gone?
Heh, see above answer :>
18. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
I can be pretty oblivious at times. Its a skill and an art :>
19. What is the truest thing that you know?
"If you ain't got kin, you ain't got nothin'"
20. How do you want to make your life?
I'd much prefer to have life make me. And it has, and I'm incredibly grateful to it.
21. Has life ever given you a second chance and how?
More times than I could count. The times that I've wished my life away, or worried it away, or cursed it away....And yet here I still am. Somebody up there likes me....
22. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
I'm too much of a giver at times. I rarely take. And always when I do, I feel guilty later, as if I don't deserve to take things.
23. Do you make your decisions with an open heart?
Its always right there on my sleeve :p
24. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
When I was very young, I used to get such high fevers that I had to be packed in ice and sent to the hospital. I don't remember those times. I do remember later times when the fevers weren't quite AS bad, when I was woken up at 3 or 4 or 5 in the morning and plunged into a luke-warm bath. My fevers were high enough that the water felt like ice. Like swimming up to my neck in ice and I couldn't escape....
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
My father's death. He died before I could confront him with the things he had done to our family. He died before I could say goodbye, or "I forgive you" or "I love you".
25. Who have you hugged today?
Does the dog count? :>
26. Who has hugged you?
Does face licking count? :>
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
I have everything to learn, and only a very short time to learn it all, but the journey is more important than the destination.
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
Code in C
Drive a car
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
Feelings, no doubt.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
If I knew, I'd be in one :>
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
Go to Ireland
Find my soulmate
Find the secret to immortality so I wouldn't have to die :>
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
Er, I'd much rather do whatever it is or experience whatever it is than die, thanks all the same...
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
No, I'm not big on causes
34. What does each decade make you think of:
00's The end of the Victorian age
30's The Depression
50's Conformity and The Birth of Rock N Roll
70's Free Love and AWESOME music
80's Money-grubbing and crappy music
90's When the web was cool
00's The commercialism of the web
35. Which decade do you feel you belong in and why?
The 70's. I was a kid. The music was great.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Anything by The Beatles
38. If you could say any sentence to the president of the USA what would it be?
Please resign, you MORON.
39. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
Cartoon Network! Family Guy/Futurama back to back!
40. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
Cruella DeVille. She seems a sarcastic old bitty.
41. Have you ever been a girlscout/boyscout?
I was a Brownie for about five seconds. MMMmm...brownies
42. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
Ooo a boat. Flying is nice too but I love the water, and looking at it lulls me to sleep....
43. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
It's not, silly, that's just the way it appears.
44. What does your name mean?
It's the European form of the Biblical name 'Hannah'. It mean 'favor" or "grace".
45. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outerspace?
A chance at seeing what so few people see? Outerspace, of course!
46. If you could meet any person who is dead and famous who would you want it to be?
Alive and famous? Paul McCartney
47. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
Citizen Kane. Could watch that every day and see something new every time.
48. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
Books, music, the net :>
49. What one CD would you bring to listen to for that week (no mixed CD's..must be an album)?
James Taylor - Live
¶ Anne let this go at 10/15/2003 03:22:00 PM