Thursday, November 13, 2003
  Alas, the the Thumb Twiddler is no more! Ahhh well, it went out in a blaze of glory. Some good questions this...er LAST week. *sigh* 1. If you were offered a 60-second slot during the Superbowl to say or promote anything you wanted, how would you use that time? I'd probably ask them if they realized how much a football stadium resembles the coliseum, and mention how better the time could be served. Playing with their children, running around the fresh air, reading.... Then of course I'd be burned in effigy and have to flee the country and go live under a false name in Morocco. 2. Besides the Thursday Thumb Twiddler, what else did you think would last longer than it did? My 20's. They went by in a heartbeat as I was always struggling to study or get a job or get someplace to live. I missed them completely. The second I realized they were leaving, they were gone. 3. If you could say good-bye to someone you never got a chance to, who would it be. Well, I don't know if 'goodbye' would be the only thing I'd say. I never got a chance to say anything to my father before he died, and OH what things I missed telling him. What a jackass he was, for instance. Although I think he knew that. In fact, of the great deal of things I wanted to tell him, the barbs I'd like to throw out at him, I imagine he already knew about most, if not all of them. It's truly amazing how much we consciously KNOW but deny that we know, or overlook or just stuff into the back of our minds because it pleases us to do so or is expedient. So he probably knew he was a jackass. Still, I'd have liked to have said 'I love you' before he left.

Comments: Post a Comment