Friday, November 07, 2003
  The Friday Five 1. What food do you like that most people hate? I'm a big fan of vanilla. Vanilla ice cream, 'nilla wafers, etc etc. Some people are with me on this, but where others might cover there vanilla with chocolate sauce or other toppings, I don't. I do my vanilla plain. 2. What food do you hate that most people love? I dislike chocolate unless it has some other redeeming features. Chocolate with crunchies is ok, as is say...a snickers bar. But plain chocolate would very likely make me ill. I also don't like condiments. Ketchup, mustard, even salad dressing. Why destroy the natural flavor of food by smothering it with some other taste? 3. What famous person, whom many people may find attractive, is most unappealing to you? Well, 'unattractive' could mean just about anything. In this case, I'll use it to describe celebs that really irk me. Julia Roberts can't act. Brittany Spears can't sing. I mean, at all. Not even a little bit. Ben Affleck co-wrote a screenplay. Plus he's not bad looking. So he becomes...an actor? I don't think so. 4. What famous person, whom many people may find unappealing, do you find attractive? I don't know if these people are 'unappealing' so much as they aren't well known. Milla Jovovich is incredibly beautiful and an incredibly good actress. One is probably much more well known than the other. Kevin Spacey Joseph Cotten - One of the finest actors I know. Hmm I could go on and on all day. Nah. 5. What popular trend baffles you? Boy "band"s bother me. The trend in "pop" music bothers me. A band is a collection of instruments played by people in a room who know how to use them. A band is not 3 or 4 guys singing on the same stage. Singing has nothing to do with bands. Nor is the current strain of music, pop music. Pop music is, by definition, popular. The only place boy "bands" and Brittany Spears are popular is in elementary and junior high schools, with kids who have no taste or have been so programmed by the mass media that they can have their taste dictated to them like pavlov used his dogs. This crap is not "art" it isn't even good. Its lowest common denominator, payola shite. I know it, you know it.

Comments: Post a Comment