Thursday, November 20, 2003
 

Personally, I don't know if I'd want to buy and read Kurt's journals and I don't know if anyone should be able to. What a hypocrite I am, though, I read the journals of strangers on a daily basis and nod and smile and think I know them from that brief taste of their lives, just as I think I know Kurt from some music through a speaker. Neither is true. I don't know the slightest bit about the people who's journals I rifle through and I never knew nor will EVER know Mr. Cobain, no matter how much of his journal I may read. Let's face it, the real reason the journals will sell is because what we want to know, in the end, is why he died. Most of us who even think of reading through them have an inkling as to why, anyway. We will, however, never know if our suspicions are correct. Even if they are, nothing changes the basic fact of the matter. The poor man is dead, and his personal thoughts should not be on display after death like a neat bit of taxidermy. Let him rest and let his inner thoughts rest. I think we...I think I owe him that much.

Comments: Post a Comment