Tuesday, November 25, 2003
  Thing's I am not thankful for

I am not thankful for work that needs to get done (at work and at play) only by me, whether because I am the only one "qualified" or because I am the only one with any sense of responsibility or because I am simply the only one ever there to do it.

I am not thankful for speeding maniacs who travel 90 mph down my street thinking it, perhaps, some sort of track who's finish line they must be the first to cross.

I am not thankful for the women who see me and think "desperate" and "lonely" and act like asses thinking that they are some messiah, my last, best hope. Neither am I thankful for the men who see me and think "love-starved" and "horny" and act like asses thinking they can use me to fulfill their own desires and toss me away when they are done.

I am not thankful for tiny dogs who's barks are four times as big as they are.

I am not always thankful for silence.

I am heartily thankful that I could think of so very little to not be thankful for.

Comments: Post a Comment