Friday, December 12, 2003
  The Friday Five 1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays?
Very much so, it makes it seem much more like the holidays I remember as a child, it seems it was always snowing then.2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect?
I wish my little brother, his wife and my little niece could be with us, instead of several hundred miles away. I love Christmas in Vermont. I remember one year I got to spend it there. I remember driving in one pitch black night with the snow several feet deep and the sky full of stars and every building lit up like a Christmas tree. It seemed so beautiful and so un-real. 3. Do you do have any holiday traditions?
We still use the 40 year old elf at the very top of the Christmas tree that we used when we were kids. That elf is rather ratty and it's stuffing is slowly coming out, but we wouldn't think of replacing it with something as mundane as a star.4. Do you do anything to help the needy?
We used to send a turkey to the salvation army every year when my folks were alive, but now that its just us, we've sort of lost the incentive.5. What one gift would you like for yourself?
I could wish that my dog be in good health again, but I cannot afford to kid myself. He is eleven and he hasn't much time left, no matter how healthy he might be, so I'll wish that Israelis and Palestinians find some way to live together. It must be possible.

Comments: Post a Comment