Saturday, December 27, 2003
  It's very odd (not to mention, scary) being the sole single adult in my entire extended family. It makes it rather difficult to think up interesting conversation. Seeing as I am not married and I do not have children, no one is seemingly able to relate to me anymore. I am as a child. I must be taught about life, since I obviously haven't really lived it, single and childless as I am.

I think I can relate fairly well to their joys and problems, but, no, I am never right in my assumptions. Everything is always much more complicated and much better/worse than I could ever imagine. I do not (as I have been told time and again now) have as much "on my plate" as they do, and therefore am not even capable of understanding them.

This makes conversation rather difficult. It also leads me to wonder why I bother conversing with them at all.

Comments: Post a Comment